Prepare Your Home Before a Tropical Storm/Hurricane
It never hurts to get the ball rolling before something drastic happens. And with another weather event potentially affecting the Acadiana area, we are doing everything we can to get ready.
Weather.gov has some great tips about how to prepare your home before a tropical storm or hurricane.
- Make sure trees around your home are trimmed before a storm to prevent damage. Flying branches can be very dangerous
- Make sure you have the proper materials in advance to board up windows and doors.
- Bring all loose outdoor items inside. BBQ Pits, patio furniture, large planters, garbage cans. All of these can cause major damage if they are flying around during high winds.
- Secure all doors on your property. Believe it or not, garage doors are usually the most vulnerable during a storm
- Move your car to secure location, even if it's just inside the garage.