Fun Louisiana Destinations That Are Often Overlooked
I'll all about finding hidden gems in my beautiful state of Louisiana. 'Off the Beaten Path' is my motto! Only in Louisiana has helped me find some awesome places that might not come first to mind when you are looking for a unique adventure. Kick off your new year with some truly Louisiana adventures, y'all!
- Kiroli Park - 820 Kiroli Rd., West Monroe. Family fun that includes hiking trails, great fishing, and playgrounds for the little ones. Come for the spectactacular gardens in the spring
- Briarwood - 216 Caroline Dorman Rd., Saline. Former home of world renowned naturalist Caroline Dormon, this outdoor paradise is a destination for nature lovers every March, April, May, October, and November. Come learn the history of the very first woman in the United States Forest Service
- Rip Van Winkle Gardens - 5505 Rip Van Winkle Rd., New Iberia. Located on Jefferson Island, this Acadiana locale is the perfect spot to discover your love of the outdoors. Lush and green year round.
- Lake End Park - 2300 LA Hwy. 70N, Morgan City. Located at beautiful Lake Palourde, this is the peaceful place in south Louisiana you want to head to if relaxation and a gorgeous setting is on you bucket list.
- Creole Nature Trail - located along 180 miles of southwest Louisiana that includes 26 miles of Gulf of Mexico beaches and hundreds of species of native wildlife.
- Longue Vue House and Gardens. 7 Bamboo Rd., New Orleans. This historic home and gardens are filled with antiques and surrounded by lush greenery. Take a tour to see the unbelievable treasures once owned by Edgar and Edith Stern
- Holly Beach - Cameron. Great shore destination if you just want some sun and sand and you don't want to drive to Destin.
- Vermilionville - 300 Fisher Rd., Lafayette. Step back in time at this living history museum in the heart of Cajun country. Programs and entertainment year round.