For Fans Of Breaking Bad, A Recipe For ‘Los Pollos Hermanos’ Chicken
The long-awaited series finale of AMC's Breaking Bad is this Sunday night. I am about 12 episodes behind so I am not quite caught up yet. Leading up to the finale, AMC is airing a Breaking Bad marathon leading up to the finale. Looks like I will be caught up by Sunday after all. But watching the show, I got a wild craving for fried chicken.
By searching the internet, I found a website that has a recipe for chicken and fries from 'Los Pollos Hermanos', the fictional regional fried chicken chain, owned by Gus in the show.
From The Hungry Bunnie:
Los Pollos Hermanos "fried" Chicken & Fries
- 2.5 lbs. chicken breasts
- 2 cups of sourdough bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of salt with a few pinches of Rock Salt
- 2 teaspoons of Jesse Pinkman's special ingredient, Chili Powder
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten