Florida Man Died from Meth Overdose Before He Was Eaten By Alligator
You may recall the story of a Florida man being eaten by an alligator this past summer. Well, we now know exactly what happened.
According to the medical examiner's findings, 45-year-old Michael Ford died from a meth overdose before his body was ripped apart by the reptile.
Ford was found face down in a canal in Fort Meade (small town in Central Florida, east of Tampa) on June 27. Polk County Sheriff's investigators theorized that he might have drowned before the alligator ate his remains.
A hand and foot belonging to Ford was found in the beast's stomach.
"It is my opinion that Michael Glenn Ford II died as a result of a methamphetamine intoxication," District Medical Examiner Stephen Nelson wrote in an autopsy report released earlier this week. "The manner of death is accident."