Ex-Burglar Tells What He Looked For In Houses To Steal From [Video]
Especially around Christmas time, this could really do a lot of people some good in how to protect yourself from burglaries.
Inside The Mind Of A Thief gives some insight from Michael Shayne Durden, who burgled hundreds of homes for over 20 years.
Here's the description of the 45 minute episode:
The best way to protect yourself from becoming a victim of a home burglary is to get "Inside the Mind of a Thief." This Allen Police Department exclusive interview of career home burglar, Michael Durden, will open your eyes on what criminals look for when choosing a target. Please share this video with friends and family to spread important crime prevention tips that can prevent you from becoming a victim.
Here are the segments that you can skip to by clicking on the times.
1) What makes a neighborhood attractive to thieves? - 0:45
2) Does having a dog deter a burglar? 2:48
3) Do Neighborhood Watch programs work? 4:28
4) What makes a house attractive to a burglar? 6:12
5) Once a burglar targets a house, what's next? 11:28
6) Once a burglar is in the house. How much time is spent inside? 24:49
7) How should homeowners hide valuables? 31:00
8) What can a homeowner do to not make their house an easy target to a burglar? 35:59