Louisiana Gifts You Can’t Put Under the Christmas Tree
Being in Louisiana during the holidays is magical, and sometimes we take for granted what everyone else would love to have. So I put together a list of some of my favorite things in our state, that won't necessarily fit under anyone's Christmas tree. And who wouldn't love to have these?! Merry Christmas from the great state of Louisiana, y'all.
- A painting by famed Acadiana artist George Rodrigue
- Music from Louisiana artists Harry Connick Jr., Tim McGraw, The Neville Brothers, and Grammy Award winning Zydeco artist Terrance Simien
- Season football tickets for UL Ragin Cajuns, LSU Tigers, and New Orleans Saints
- Handmade duck decoys and a Duck lease in Gueydan
- Gift basket of Community Coffee products
- A king cake from Manny Randazzo's in New Orleans, or Meche's Donut King in Lafayette
- Tickets for New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival
- An overnight stay and tour of the most haunted house in America - The Myrtles Plantation in St. Francisville
- A Cajun Microwave from Al Simon
- Cookbooks - from the Junior League of Lafayette 'Talk About Good', and the Junior League of Baton Rouge 'River Road Recipes'
- Handmade Frottoirs (Zydeco scrub board), Ti-feras (triangles), and accordians - all made in Acadiana
- A ride on the Krewe of Bacchus Mardi Gras float in New Orleans
- A fishing boat charter, leaving out of Grand Isle
- An authentic Louisiana pirogue from Ron Chapman Shipwright Inc.
- A swamp tour in the Atchafalaya Basin
- A Turducken from Hebert's Specialty Meats in Maurice
- Gift certificate for boudin, cracklin', jambalaya and gumbo. Any specialty meat market in the state can help out with these!
- Be a New Orleans Saintsation cheerleader for a game in the Superdome