Blue Cross & Blue Shield Of Louisiana Warns Of Scam Calls
Robocalls or scam calls are getting more and more sophisticated.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana has given out a warning that scam calls are being made in their name. The calls may try to sell insurance products or collect personal data. They would like to inform the public that they are not making these calls.
If you or someone you know do get one of these calls, here are some ways to protect yourself.
• Hang up right away if you get a recorded call from someone you did not ask to call you. The call is likely fraudulent or malicious.
• Do not respond to prompts such as “press 1 to speak to the operator or get your name taken off the list.” If you respond, you’ll probably get more calls.
• Do not give personal or financial information.
• Block the numbers of robocalls from your cell phone.
• Watch out for “spoofing” technology that makes the same calls appear to come from different numbers.
• If you are not sure you have Blue Cross on the line, you can hang up and call Customer Service at the number on your ID card to see if you should be receiving calls about care and coverage with us.
You can read more about how Blue Cross and Blue Shield protects your privacy at bcbsla.com/privacy.