UL Announces Changes Ahead of Tropical Storm Marco
The University of Louisiana is making changes to its schedule for Monday and Tuesday in preparation for Tropical Storm Marco.
The University has announced the following instructional, operational, and residential changes beginning at noon on Monday, August 24 through Tuesday, August 25.
- In-person and HyFlex classes held prior to noon on Monday will remain on campus as usual.
- In-person and HyFlex classes that begin at noon or later on Monday will be held remotely.
- All in-person classes on Tuesday will be held remotely.
- All HyFlex classes will remain remote through Friday, Aug. 28.
- Online, hybrid, and remote classes will continue as usual.
If the weather prohibits students from attending or participating in class, they are advised to contact their professor.
- On-campus operations and departmental offices will move to teleworking at noon on Monday and will continue remote operations through Tuesday.
- Only essential personnel performing weather-related tasks should remain on campus Monday afternoon and report on Tuesday, if needed. Contact your supervisor with questions.
If weather prohibits employees from working remotely, they are asked to contact their supervisor.
- Edith Garland Dupré Library and the Agnes Edwards Hall open-use lab will remain open until 1 p.m. on Monday. It will be closed from 1 p.m. on Monday through Tuesday.
- The Student Health Services will remain open during its normal operating hours.
- All other campus buildings with the exception of residence halls will close at noon on Monday and will remain closed through Tuesday. This includes Bourgeois Hall, the Child Development Center, and the Student Union.
- All students in on-campus residences should shelter in place beginning Monday afternoon.
- Cypress Lake Dining Hall will be closed beginning at 6 p.m. on Monday. Breakfast and lunch for Tuesday will be delivered to campus residents Monday evening. Cypress Lake Dining Hall will reopen Tuesday evening for dinner.
- Campus Cupboard will be open from 9 a.m.-noon on Monday, and closed on Tuesday.
- Students coming to campus on Monday may park in the Girard Park Circle Parking Garage for free.
- Campus residents may move their vehicles to the parking garage Monday afternoon and may park for free through Friday, Aug. 28.
- All in-person campus events are cancelled through Friday, Aug. 28. Virtual events will continue as planned.
- The University will continue to monitor the storms. A decision regarding classes and University operations for Wednesday, Aug. 26, will be communicated no later than noon on Tuesday.
Updates and emergency information will be posted to the University's website and social media accounts. ENS emergency alerts will be sent by email, telephone, and text message.