Take a Tour of the Top 5 Haunted Locations in Louisiana [VIDEO]
OK, if you're a scaredy cat, you might want to cover your eyes! Halloween is quickly coming up, and there are few places in the United States who have more of a haunted history than the great state of Louisiana.
I found some video of some of the places here that you may, or may not want to visit during the scariest time of the year. They are listed below, but be sure to check out the cool video before you head out the door for trick or treating, y'all!
- Nicholson's Home, Washington, La. - former Civil War hospital where ghost soldiers have been spotted looking for their limbs that were severed
- Old Ellerbe Road School, Shreveport - officially closed due to several children and staff who went missing, and were never found
- The Myrtles Plantation, St Francisville - said to be the most haunted house in America
- St Louis Cemetery #1, New Orleans - final resting place (we hope!) of voodoo priestess Marie Laveau, and one of the most haunted cemeteries in the world
- LaLaurie Mansion, New Orleans - former home of Madam LaLaurie, who tortured and mutilated her slaves in the 1800's, and kept them in the house on Royal Street