Register for United Way’s ‘Day of Action’
You still have time to register for United Way of Acadiana's "Day Of Action", June 8, 2017.
This year's Day of Action comes at the same time Eight Days of Hope will be in Acadiana, and volunteers will be helping with people who were affected by the flooding of 2016.
What is Day of Action? Well, United Way of Acadiana's website says it well.
Each year in June, hundreds of people around Acadiana come together to harness the volunteer spirit and improve the conditions in which they live.
United Way of Acadiana invites people and organizations to take action June 8, in partnership with the Eight Days of Hope initiative. Our goal is to provide support to individuals and families who are still recovering from the devastating 2016 flood. Additionally, volunteers will help make a difference around the issues of school readiness, helping families meet their basic needs and lending their muscle to beautify local communities.
Day of Action volunteer opportunities include:
- Install smoke detectors in local homes affected by the recent flood.
- Build a Little Free Library to promote literacy and the love of reading.
- Build a Little Free Pantry to provide healthy snacks to local children.
- Help to beautify a local park by painting playground equipment, sprucing up a Born Learning Trail and more!
- Lend your muscles to help complete a school makeover project at a local school in Lafayette Parish.
- DRIVERS NEEDED: Utilize your truck/trailer to help deliver furniture throughout Acadiana.
- Volunteer to help load and unload furniture throughout Acadiana.
Ways to take action for 2017 Day of Action: