Popular Irish Sayings
We always hear about 'the luck of the Irish', and I for one, am inclined to believe it's true! We celebrate St Patrick's Day with corned beef and cabbage, green beer, parades, and sayings to make us feel like we are Irish, even for just one day. And we hope you are going to join us for Acadiana's biggest St Patrick's Day party this Friday at Parc International, Patty in the Parc!
Irish Central has some wonderful proverbs and sayings that are perfect for this week. Some of them are traditional, but most are ones that you just want to whip out on March 17th every year.
- A man's best friend is his mother until he meets his wife
- May all your troubles be little ones, and all your little ones be trouble free
- May you always have money in your pocket, a woman to love, and a smile on your face
- There are good ships and there are wood ships, and the ships that sail the sea. But the best ships are friendships, and may they always be
- May you be at the gates of heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead!
- May the wind always be at your back