LSU Releases Alcohol Policies for Tiger Stadium
LSU has announced their policy for the sale of beer and wine at Tiger Stadium.
The Southeastern Conference recently approved the sale of those alcoholic beverages and left it up to the schools to make their own decisions.
There really are no surprises in the policy. It pretty much follows what other schools around the country are doing.
- The possession or consumption of alcohol not sold in the venue is expressly prohibited.
- No more than two alcoholic beverages may be purchased per transaction.
- Alcoholic beverages must be poured into a cup.
- A valid ID is required for each transaction.
- Alcohol will not be served to fans who are visibly intoxicated.
- Alcohol sales will end at the conclusion of the third quarter of the game for football.
The release also talked about possible penalties for those who violate the "Code of Conduct:" surrounding the new policy.
Code of Conduct:
Stadium personnel and law enforcement will monitor fan behavior. Ejection without refund, arrest, or refusal of sale or consumption of alcohol could result for reasons not limited to:
- Unruly, disruptive or illegal behavior.
- Giving alcoholic beverages to a minor.
- Public intoxication or impairment.
- Abusive or offensive language or gestures.
- Throwing of any objects.
- Failure to follow stadium and/or law enforcement personnel instruction.
LSU said policies for other athletic events will be announced at a later date.