Going See Lauren Daigle at Festival International? Here Are Some Things to Know Before You Go
A few weeks ago when organizers of Festival International de Louisiane dropped the music lineup for this year's 5-day event, there was one superstar performer that caught everyone's attention.
Of course, we're talking about Lafayette native and Grammy award winner Lauren Daigle who will be playing Festival International on Thursday, April 27.
The opening ceremonies will take place at 9:00 pm and Daigle will take the stage at 9:30 pm.
As you can imagine, it is expected to be a very busy night downtown. As a result, Festival organizers have provided information to help everyone enjoy a sure-to-be epic night of free live music.
Keep in mind that the information below is for Scène LUS International on Thursday only. (Basically, the Parc International stage.) All other stages will carry on as usual, without any special guidelines.
Know Before You Go
- Chairs are not allowed. Standing room only.
- Clear bags are recommended. All bags are subject to search.
- An express line will be available for patrons that do not have bags or have clear bags.
- Public Entrance will be on Polk Street.
- ADA Accessible Entry will be located on Garfield Street.
- Small strollers are permitted in the park. Wagons and large strollers are not permitted.
- Gates will open at 5:00 pm and will remain open until capacity is reached. Once the park is full, and for those that prefer sitting space, there will be an Official Satellite Viewing Party location at Parc Sans Souci (see below).
- Weapons and firearms are prohibited.
- No ice chests or pets.
Satellite Viewing Party Information
If you would like to enjoy the Opening Ceremonies and all of the shows from Scène LUS Internationale, check out the JD Bank Pavilion de Cuisine, located in Parc Sans Souci. There you will be able to enjoy amazing food vendors and a live feed of the action.
Additional viewing parties will be held at The Grouse Room and Legends, both on Jefferson Street.
Festival International will be held April 26-30, 2023 in downtown Lafayette. It features top-notch music from around the world, gourmet food, handcrafted artwork and so much more.
If you'd like to volunteer for this year's Festival, go to https://www.festivalinternational.org/volunteer.