If I Could Send a Gift Basket of My Favorite Louisiana Things
With the holidays coming up, I got to thinking about some of the gifts I want to send to my out of state friends and family that represent Louisiana. Everybody loves something 'Cajun', myself included!
Now, some of these won't fit into a 'basket' per se, but they are a true representation of all the wonderful things in the great state of Louisiana! My favorites are below, but I would love to hear what you would include.
- Gift certificate for boudin, cracklin', jambalaya and gumbo. Any specialty meat market in state can help out with these!
- An authentic Louisiana pirogue from Ron Chapman Shipwright Inc.
- A swamp tour in the Atchafalaya Basin
- A Turducken from Hebert's Specialty Meats in Maurice
- Handmade Frottoirs (Zydeco scrub board), Ti-feras (triangles), and accordians - all made in Acadiana
- A ride on the Krewe of Bacchus Mardi Gras float in New Orleans
- A fishing boat charter, leaving out of Grand Isle
- An overnight stay and tour of the most haunted house in America - The Myrtles Plantation in St. Francisville
- A Cajun Microwave from Al Simon
- Cookbooks - from the Junior League of Lafayette 'Talk About Good', and the Junior League of Baton Rouge 'River Road Recipes'
- Handmade duck decoys and a Duck lease in Gueydan
- Gift basket of Community Coffee
- A king cake from Manny Randazzo's in New Orleans, or Meche's Donut King in Lafayette
- A painting by famed Acadiana artist George Rodrigue
- Music from Louisiana artists Harry Connick Jr., Tim McGraw, The Neville Brothers, and Grammy Award winning Zydeco artist Terrance Simien
- Season football tickets for UL Ragin Cajuns, LSU Tigers, and New Orleans Saints
- Tickets for Bayou Country Superfest