Here’s Where You Can Find The BEST Black Friday Deals
Next week, families across our nation will gather for one of our most anticipated national holidays. There will be turkey and stuffiung, turduckens (at least here in Acadiana) and cranberry sauce, but those will all be leftovers when Black Friday arrives.
Long lines--very long lines--are a sure sign that retailers across the country are offering some fantastic deals as the unofficial start of the holiday season approaches.
The personal-finance Web site WalletHub conducted an in-depth analysis of 2016’s Best Stores for Black Friday.
In order to determine the retailers offering the most money-saving bargains this coming Black Friday, WalletHub surveyed 8,000 deals from 35 of the biggest U.S. retailers’ 2016 Black Friday ad scans and calculated the average discount that each retailer plans to offer.
Here are the top 10 retailers and their addresses where you can find the best Black Friday deals:
Note: If the brick-and-mortar stores cannot be found in the Hub City, we've included the nearest possible city where it can be found.
- Macy's -- Acadiana Mall, 5733 Johnston Street Lafayette
- Stage -- University Square Shopping Center, 451 Bertrand Dr.; RIver Marketplace, 4407 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy.; Northgate Mall, 1800 SE Evangeline Thruway, Lafayette
- JcPenney -- 3125 Louisiana Ave.; Acadiana Mall, 5725 Johnston St., Lafayette
- Harbor Freight -- 128 Arnould Blvd, Lafayette
- Gordman's --Tyler, Texas
- Kohl's -- Crossroads Annex, 4310 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy,. Lafayette
- Shopko -- Andrews, Texas
- Fred Meyer -- Kingwood, Texas
- Craft Warehouse -- Meridian, Idaho
- Sears -- Acadiana Mall, 5715 Johnston Street, Lafayette
Some notable honorable mention retailers include:
- 11. CVS Pharmacy
- 12. Office Depot/Office Max
- 13. Toys R' Us
- 19. Best Buy
- 21. Wal-Mart
- 28. Target
A very interesting tip that WalletHub shares may have you pulling up your favorite calculator app, but it could be helpful in getting the best deals.
The overall average discount for Black Friday is 39 percent. Consumers should aim for this discount amount or higher to avoid Black-Friday traps.