It's one of the sites that tourists from out of state just have to see for themselves anytime they visit Acadiana. Of course, I am talking about the drive-thru daiquiri shop. They certainly are unique to our part of the world.

Yesterday, firefighters from the Lafayette Fire Department worked to save one of those drive-thru shops from a blaze that broke inside the shuttered business. Fire officials say the blaze was reported by neighbors of The Daiquiri Depo on the Southwest Evangeline Thruway about 9:45 yesterday morning.

Fire investigators believe the origin of the blaze was electrical. According to a report from KLFY Lafayette Fire Department, Public Information Officer Alton Trahan suggested that the blaze began when a surge protector with several appliances plugged into it malfunctioned.

According to Trahan, the blaze was brought under control in about ten minutes however the business sustained heavy fire damage.

 

Eight Great Ways to Use Vodka Other Than Drinking