Changes To Trash Pickup In Acadiana Due To Hurricane Delta
Hurricane Delta has caused many waste collection companies to change their trash pickup schedule, as reported by our media partners at KATC-TV3. Residents and businesses are reminded to properly secure all waste and recycling containers before Delta makes landfall.
Below is a quick list of waste collection companies that will be suspending services due to Hurricane Delta.
- Republic Services - Operations suspended October 9th, 2020. Storm damage will be assessed to determine when operations will resume.
- Waste Management - Collection services canceled Friday, October 9th and Saturday, October 10th. Commercial routes scheduled for pickup on those dates will be recovered Sunday, October 11th. Residential collection will resume Monday, October 12th, weather pending.
- Pelican Waste and Debris - Suspending operations on Friday, October 9th in Pointe Coupee, St. Martin Parish, City of Breaux Bridge, Carencro, Butte LaRose.
- City of Broussard - Suspending services on Friday, October 9th.
- City of Youngsville - Collection service currently on schedule for Friday.
- Cameron Parish - Trash services suspended.
- Calcasieu Parish - Friday routes postponed to Sunday, October 11th with regular routes resuming on Monday, October 12th.
Republic Services wants to remind both residents and businesses across Acadiana to secure their waste containers and make sure they are out of hazardous areas.