Camping Hacks That Really Work
Fall is the perfect time to go camping in Louisiana. Not too hot, not too cold. And we have hundreds of cool spots around the state to enjoy the great outdoors!. Shareably has some tricks to make camping soooo much easier, so I wanted to share.
- Foam Floor Tiles - put these under your sleeping bag, or use as a floor outside your camper. And they are super portable and light
- Portable lantern - strap a head lamp to a gallon jug of water, voila!
- Keep a poisonous plants guide handy. Don't take a chance on not knowing what you're surrounded by.
- Tick repellent - mix one part tea tree oil and two parts water in a spray bottle. Spray your shoes, socks, and cuffs of your pants
- Bring sandpaper to light matches. Nothing worse than not being able to strike that match when you need it. And you want a campfire, right?
- Keep your toilet paper in an old coffee can. it won't rip, get wet, or damaged before it's needed.
- Use empty Tic Tac boxes for spices. These are small, portable, and they already have an opening for pouring
- Candle stakes - DIY these with craft dowels and taper candles. Instant tiki torch!
- Single use soaps - don't bring the whole bar, just shave off some strips with a vegetable peeler, and you'll have no waste or mess at all.
- Mini first aid kit - just use an old prescription bottle or Altoid can to stock some supplies
- Mosquito repellent-- tie up a few bundles of sage, and the slow smoke will keep the mosquitoes away