Ways to Celebrate National ‘Dress Up Your Pet’ Day
We do love our pets, and it's nice to know that there is a whole day officially dedicated to just dressing up them up in all their finery!
January 14th is National 'Dress Up Your Pet' day, and in addition to getting them all gussied up, there are other ways to celebrate your beloved dogs, cats, iguanas and hamsters. Yesssss! We are always on the look out to do some good in our community, and celebrity lifestyle expert Colleen Paige has some excellent activities for pets and their humans to participate in. Paige is the founder of National Dog Day, and National Cat Day, so we wanted to pass along some of her suggestions on how to celebrate this festive event. Have fun, y'all!
- Write your local senators and congressmen to show them your support of banning puppy/kitten mills and gas chambers in your state
- Have a pet parade in your neighborhood. Have kids organize it
- Hold a 'Dress up Your Pet Day' party at your house, have great food and drinks for pets and their humans. Be sure to take lots of photos!
- Donate blankets, food, and toys to local animal shelters or organizations
- Adopt a pet from your local shelter or rescue
- Volunteer at your local shelter, and bring a friend!
- Make short videos of your dressed up pets, and post them to social media with the hashtag #DressUpYourPetDay to bring awareness for pet adoptions in your area
- Hire a professional photographer to document your pet in their costumes