Put These Fun Louisiana Activities on Your Summer Calendar
Summer is almost here! Yay! We’ve got so many things to look forward to here in our beautiful home state of Louisiana. So much to see and do! LouisianaTravel.com has given us 50 ideas for summer fun, and we can’t wait to try as many out as we can. Here’s just a few of the awesome ways to enjoy your summer here, with my own personal favorite being ‘Eat a Sno Ball’!
- Camp out or rent a cabins at a Louisiana state park.
- Stay at the Dansereau House, in Thibodaux, and rock on their unique and gorgeous veranda.
- Shop the antiques shops and boutiques in Ponchatoula.
- Bike along a Louisiana trail.
- Chow down on delectable crustaceans at the Delcambre Shrimp Festival.
- Test your angling skills at a fishing rodeo.
- Enjoy cocktails, cuisine, and culture at Tales of the Cocktail festival in New Orleans.
- Take a tour of the beautiful and regal Old State Capitol in Baton Rouge.
- Get gourmet ice pop at Shreveport’s Geauxsicles.
- Visit the animals at the Global Wildlife Center in Folsom.
- How much watermelon you can eat? Find out at the Beauregard Watermelon Festival.
- Paddle down a bayou
- Visit the ‘Sunflower Trail’ in north Louisiana