Back To School – There’s An App For That
Three words that inspire either dread or joy for Acadiana kids in the coming weeks are ‘Back to School’. And to make things a little easier, and maybe help our kids realize that learning can be fun, we’ve found some apps that you might want to consider for the new school year! Some are free, and some are a minimal cost, but all well worth a try. A few of our favorites are below, but check out some cool, free apps from Parents Magazine, or more from TIME.
- DragonBox – algebra disguised as puzzles
- Noodle Words HD Series 1 – wordplay, and it’s fun!
- Rounds: Franklin Frog – learning about the life cycles of animals
- Word Mess – three word games in one
- Brainscape – Flash cards on a touch screen
- DupLingo – learn a second language
- EasyBib – organize your bibliographies
- iHomework – wish I would have had this when I was in school. Organize the papers, dates, and times for your take home school work
- Here Comes the Bus – connecting students, parents, and administrators with GPS technology
- Digital Tutor – sometimes even parents need a refresher course when it comes to homework
- Team Player – to keep all those practices, games, and sports schedules coordinated
- Student Tracker – register your child’s cell phone #, and you’ll be able to track their whereabouts, and see if they are safe